Monday, June 1, 2009

TAFRU Location Announcement

Based on the votes from those who participated in choosing a location, Oregon is the #1 requested location for our first ever Toukoul Adoptive Families Reunion.

Choosing a date was not so clear cut. There was a tie between the August 6th - 8th and August 13th - 15th dates. To select a specific date, I've set up a poll which is on the sidebar of the blog page. The poll will be open for 2 weeks, so please take a second to vote.

I'm also putting out a request for 3 or 4 volunteers to help with the remaining plans for TAFRU. I'll need at least one volunteer, preferably two from Oregon. If you are interested in helping out, please let me know.

I also realize that finding a location and date that would allow all families to attend was an impossible task. However, it was nice to see that some who chose Oregon, are not from Oregon but are interested in traveling to attend TAFRU. My hope that by having 14 months to plan, other families living outside the Oregon area will also be able to attend.

In the meantime, please continue to read the blog for updates as more specific details become available. I think we all want TAFRU to be a success so it can continue in the years to come at a location near you.

8 comments:

Sam's mom said...

Does OR mean that Radu will be in attendence? We would LOVE to meet him.

Kellyann said...

I do not live in OR but would really like to attend. I would be willing to help out.

Debbie said...

Having the reunion in Oregon does mean that we will be sending out an invite for Radu from AAA, Bianca from TOL and someone from Dove (although I'm not familiar with the Dove representatives).

Becky and Naing said...

Debbie, I can help you. Let me know what you need and I can help out on my days off.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!
The problem with the first weekend is that is immediately follows the weekend for Ethiopian Heritage Camp, which many of these families attend. Having it on the later weekend (13-15) would get better attendance I think, because folks would have one weekend in between trips...

Mike and Laura George said...

I will definatley help with planning, I live in Central Oregon, a vacation destination spot with tons of amzaing activities. (Was not sure if you had picked where in Oregon.)Let me know what I can do to help. Event planning is kind of my thing. :)

Life in the Bend said...

Thank you for starting this blog. I think it's unlikely that we'll be able to attend regardless of the date. Flights from Indiana aren't cheap and we're hoping to be going through the adoption process again soon. Regardless, I'm excited to have a central place to connect to other families who adopted from Toukoul.

I'd love to have our blog added to the list:
http://lifeinthebend.blogspot.com

Alisha J said...

Hey Debbie-

I'd love to help out. Laura George and I could probably coordinate with each other.

Alisha J