Friday, June 19, 2009

Gathering Information

Now that we have decided on Portland, OR as the location for TAFRU, we need to start gathering some information from each of you that will assist us in making plans.

One thing that we need assistance with is trying to determine the number of families who plan on attending TAFRU. This will help us in determining lodging needs, activities, food, etc.

I have set up a poll and am asking everyone to participate. We are not asking you to commit by any means, but to simply let us know if your family is planning/wanting to attend TAFRU next year and if your family will need lodging while in the Portland area. We understand that things will change over the course of the next year and as we get closer to the actual event we will gather more detailed information, but your input now will be very helpful to us as we work on the plans for TAFRU.

Thanks for your participation!!!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Hi,
we're Jes and Mel. Just saw that we were added to this blog. You may find it somewhat strange that there's no mentioning about our ET adoption on our blog - oh well, I keep a private journal I may publish once we're done with our ET adoption. We ran into way to many problems so far, mainly with immigration and occasionally I had entries in my journal that are a bit harsh and NOT for the public eye, hehe (no, i don't' swear, just a bit opinionated). We're with DOVE adoption agency (they're wonderful) and we were put on the waiting list on the 29th of May 2009 (after one year of struggling through getting immigration approval, or better know as the "golden ticket" or H-171) I'm non-US citizen and we're stationed overseas - that just scream for problems, doesn't it??. so nice to meet y'all and I even had a chance to read some of you guys' blogs- they're wonderful!!
God bless,
Mel

Alisha said...

Hi Mel, Where are you in Germany? I'm in Austria. I'd love to connect. My email address is in my profile. We've been waiting since June 3rd, so it looks like we're on the same time line.

Mel said...

In the South - Bavaria - do you speak German?
mel

Mel said...

hmm, ok, i just tried too e-mail you privately, but it won't let me :-(
and yes, it sounds like we're on the same time line. are you guys with DOVE as well?
mel