Friday, May 22, 2009

Final Update on Location and Date

At this point we have 55 families who have expressed interest in a Toukoul Adoptive Families Reunion. 47 of those families are blog participants and 8 have not yet accepted their blog invitations.

I'm still searching for Toukoul families who may be interested in participating in TAFRU, so please continue to spread the word.

Oregon is still in the lead for location; Central U.S. in 2nd and the E Coast and Washington are now tied for 3rd.

June 25th - 27th, August 6th - 8th and August 13th - 15th are in a 3 way tie for date right now.

So far, I've only received comments and/or emails from 17 blog participants giving me their choices for location(s) and date(s). Since we have 47 participants right now (48 counting me), there are 31 of you who have not yet given me your input. The location and date of TAFRU is going to be decided based on what the majority of families want, so please take a minute to leave a comment or send me an email with your opinion. It's okay to have more than one choice of location and/or date. Also, if you are willing to travel anywhere for for the reunion, please let me know that as well.

Last of all, if you would like to have your blog added to the sidebar so your fellow TAFRU families can 'get to know you,' please let me know. I know I've enjoyed reading the blogs and feel like I'm getting to know everyone a little better.

I hope everyone has a safe and glorious Memorial Day weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

All right, all right... Since we are moving from Oregon to the midwest, I'm going to have to go with Central U.S. A second choice would be Oregon, although I doubt we could make it next year (maybe in a couple years).

I don't really have an opinion on dates at this point.

Thanks!

Wendy Wetzel

Becky and Naing said...

Debbie, the June date isn't good for us. Naing has a confrence he goes to every year around that weekend. We are open to anything else.
Becky