Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hotel Reservations and More TAFRU Information

Families have started making their hotel reservations for TAFRU and I'm excited to see how things are coming together.

Every two weeks I receive a reservations list from the Marriott.  It was discovered this week that one family who made their reservations were not included on the list and I wouldn't have known of the discrepancy if the family had not informed me that their reservations had been made.  This leaves me a bit concerned that other families have reserved rooms that are not showing up on our group list which means they are probably not getting the group rate either.  Therefore, I'm asking families to either leave a post on the Facebook TAFRU events page or email me - debweeks@mchsi.com when hotel reservations have been made.  I don't need a lot of detail, just a quick note telling me you made reservations and how many rooms you reserved.  Also, if any family reserves a suite at the Marriott Suites, please let me know that as well.

As I'm sure all of you know, putting together an event like this costs money.  The planning committee is trying to keep costs as low as possible.  After all, we don't want our own families to have to spend more than is absolutely necessary.  Once we have finalized all the plans for the reunion, we will make registration forms available.  We do know that the fees will include the cost for the Meet-n-Greet Friday night, which will include dinner; dinner Saturday night; lunch Sunday; and any group outing on Saturday.  We hope to have all the plans finalized, fees tallied and registration forms available within the next 6 weeks and will post the information here when available.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment here, post something on the Toukoul Families FB page or email me.

No comments: