Wednesday, December 8, 2010

TAFRU Update

Just a quick update regarding plans for TAFRU 2011 - Chicago.

First of all, I want to thank Meg DeZutti and Jeanne Okrasinski for volunteering their assistance in helping plan TAFRU 2011.  The three of us have been tossing around some ideas for TAFRU and as plans are confirmed I will be sharing them here.

Right now our priority is finding a hotel to accommodate our group.  I started contacting hotels back in September and quickly discovered two things.

1.  Hotels in Chicago book quickly.
2.  Hotels in downtown Chicago are pricey.

Okay, I knew that downtown Chicago hotels were pricey, but I was hoping I could find us an awesome group rate.   Unfortunately, that hasn't happened, so it was on to Plan B which appears to be working out much better as we have found a hotel out by O'Hare that can not only accommodate our group, but can do so for a good rate.  It is also a much better location for any family that happens to be flying in for the event as they provide shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and back.  Downtown Chicago hotels don't provide that service, so this is a huge bonus in my book.

As soon as we have the hotel confirmed, information will be posted and a link to the hotel provided so families can make their reservations.

In the meantime, I want to wish everyone a safe and wonderful holiday season. 

No comments: