Saturday, July 17, 2010

TAFRU Portland

While I'm very, very excited about our first ever TAFRU, we haven't had the response that we anticipated based on the polls and various responses received over the last year. I'm sure this has to do with the economy, the fact that the Oregon and Washington Toukoul families are already connected at various times throughout the year, and distance for those living further east and south of Oregon. Our family is traveling from Illinois and I must admit that there is some disappointment that our family won't be meeting more Toukoul families this year in Portland, but I'm excited beyond words that we are going to meet those attending this year.

Even with the lower than expected registrations, I have already begun some planning for TAFRU again next year. However, it will not be held in Portland, but instead we will be moving to the Chicago area. My hope is that moving closer to the Central and Eastern part of the U.S. will allow Toukoul families from those areas an opportunity to attend.

If there are still families that would like to attend TAFRU Portland this year, it's not too late to register. We just need to have all registrations by July 24th.

And for those families who could not travel for TAFRU Portland, I hope we meet next year at TAFRU Chicago.

No comments: